RWC Rat Race winners!

November 13, 2011

An absolutely AWESOME Rat Race has come to an end – here are your winners!

What a ride it has been and what awesome prizes we had on show!  And talking about prizes, let me again start off by thank all who has made this possible.

On RuggaWorld’s side a massive thanks has to go out to Deon who did a hell of a lot of work in the background to make sure the competition itself functioned properly.  Thanks to Deon not only for our awesome looking site, but also for the game itself!  To Boertjie, Bryce and Dawie who kept the news and columns flowing, thanks lads!

To Matt from our main prize sponsor (Panasonic Flat Screen TV) EvolveAV, thanks for the awesome prize lad, I am sure it will provide Stu with hours upon hours of viewing pleasure!

I also cannot thank Wayne and the folks from Gilbert SA enough for their support – a couple of Rat Race players are walking away with some awesome Rugby World Cup Gilbert Rugby balls signed by a couple of Boks – an item which will surely be proudly displayed in any bar no doubt!

As with the Super Rugby competition, Seth and the guys from Oakley also came to the party yet again and I know for a fact the recipient of the Bok Oakleys is one stoked individual today!

Then of course there is Reno who has kindly sponsored those cool Mini-DV cameras both for the Tri-Nations and now of course for the Rugby World Cup – your support is hugely appreciated dude and its thanks to contributors like you we keep on going here!

We must also thank Dan Retief and his publishers for the signed copy of his latest book, The Springboks and the Holy Grail!

I would like to ask all our readers and contributors to take some time to visit our sponsor’s sites, or even drop them a thank you on their Twitter and Facebook pages details of which can be found on the banners you see on this site.

Now to our winners!

Our main prize winner is of course ‘Sauce’ who received his TV at an event organized by EvolveAV last week where Andries Bekker was present to hand over the prize.  Congrats Stu and I hope you have figured out where to put your new TV!

JT was amongst the prizes again and he walks away with a Mini-DV camera sponsored by Reno.  I hope this help with some analysis for your coaching dude, ask Ollie, apparently he knows a trick or two!

GaryJ1 is also amongst the winners again and he opted for the awesome signed Gilbert Rugby ball – be sure to pop @GilbertSA a thank you on Twitter mate and send a photo of where this prized possession will be displayed!

Namboer could not believe he was in amongst the prizes and even more stoked when I told him he won the Bok Oakley Antix eye-wear!  Congrats dude, I know the guys at United Rugby Club is going to be pissed at you when you rock up with the Antix at practice – but perhaps they will join us in our Rat Race competition in future now and not just on SuperBru!

Lastly, and the guy does not even know it yet – King Paul also gets a signed Gilbert Rugby Ball.  Enjoy the prize Paul and see you at Newlands again at the start of the 2012 rugby season!

And let me not forget old Methos!  Given your prediction for the Rugby World Cup Final was the closest, you get a signed copy of Dan Retief’s book, The Springboks and the Holy Grail!  I want a review from you!

Lastly, a massive thanks to all who played – it has been hard work to get all this going for you but given all who played in our debut year of launch, I am sure this competition will only get better and better!

To all the winners, drop me an email to confirm delivery address.

See you all next year again for Super Rugby!

Tags: , , , ,

1. avatar Asteroth's Limping Lions says:
    November 13th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Fantastic contest! Thank you for organising and congrats to the winners!! :applause:

November 13th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Well done all the winners.
    Spread the word so that next time
    we can have at least twice the
    number of participants.

I don’t expect we will be receiving
    any tips for predictions from
    Sauce or any of the other top dogs.
    :wink:

November 14th, 2011 at 12:14 am

Amazing prizes… well done all…

4. avatar Sauce says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:38 am

To Morne and Deon – thanks for organizing an excellent competition and a great blog!

To Matt at Evolve – The TV is seriously epic – i am severely short on sleep after an epic weekend of gaming!

5. avatar Ollie says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 11:10 am

Congrats to the winners of an awesome competition.

It was a great time and hopefully we will get more chances to unseat the current winners.

6. avatar Deon says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Thanks to everybody who joined. That makes it worth the time. Watch out for next year. I still have a few ideas with the scoring, if the code just decides to play ball. :twisted:

Thanks Morne, Boerman , Bryce & Dawie. I dont have that much time between the family, coaching and studies to spend on the site, but you keep it going.

Cheers

7. avatar Pokkel says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Well done to the winners! :applause:

8. avatar namboer says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Hoessit, Tjops.

Congrats to the winners and thanks everyone for competing!
    Thanks specially to RW & Deon and the guys at Oakley – nou kan ek ook cool wees! 8)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

November 14th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Reply to namboer @ 5:32 pm:

Wat gaan met Nam rugby gebeur?
    Klink my al die baadjiedraers
    is onder die gat geskop.
    Nuwe korruptes in die oues se plek?

November 14th, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Thank a million to all participants and a big up for the winners

Enjoy the prizes!

David

11. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Congrats all!!!!

Thanks for the prize as well – completely unexpected.

Thanks for the awesome competition! I love it – also got the missus involved – she enjoyed it a lot as well and finished on 140 points exactly – 10 points behind me thank goodness. Although she did miss a few games due to giving birth and all.

Just to know who on here is doing Mo-vember?
    My trucker moustache is coming on strongly.

Cheers

November 15th, 2011 at 9:18 am

Hi All,
    Thanks for the competitions and the great banter – I am unable to contribute at the moment but should be back to my annoying self :soek: in about 2 weeks

PS: movember going well :twisted:

13. avatar namboer says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 9:51 am

Reply to Boertjie @ 5:42 pm: Neewat, g’n adamsidee wat rerig daar aangaan. Die baadjiedraers het almal gelyk ‘bedank’ en nou moet die Sportkommissie blykbaar rugby behartig. Of so-iets, ek weet nie mooi nie, net dat dit ‘n gemors is.

Net voor die wêreldbeker moes die NRU eienaarskap van die rugbystation aan die regering gee om uit die skuldput te probeer kom. Net na die WB moes hulle Kenya of iewersheen om in die Afrikabeker te speel, maar dit was nie moontlik nie omdat daar niks geld was nie. Nou het die exco bedank en kan daar nie jaarvergadering gehou word nie. Die hoofborg (enigste borg seker ook) het onttrek (vir die soveelste maal) en die skuld is klaar ‘n probleem. Die afrigter wil nie kontrak hernu nie omdat dit nie vir hom finansieël vatbaar is nie.
    So dis maklik om te verstaan hoekom ‘n speler nie besonder baie gemotiveerd sal wees op hierdie stadium van die wedstryd nie! :shake:

14. avatar namboer says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 9:54 am

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 9:18 pm: Ek slaan eers dié jaar oor, sal volgende jaar dalk weer probeer.

15. avatar Thomas_Bulls says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!!!! :respek:

And thanks again to RW and all the sponsors and all involved!

Great comp!!!! :wave:

16. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:27 am

Just received my RatRace Oakleys this morning.

THEY ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million guys! The frenchies love them and I love them most of all.

Cheers

November 16th, 2011 at 11:35 am

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 10:27 am:

PHOTO!

November 16th, 2011 at 11:35 am

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 10:27 am:

PHOTO!

19. avatar KingPaul says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Whoop whoop!!!
    Hierdie gaan beslis opmaak vir al die moerigheid die laaste paar dae vir WP Rugby!! Die donners maak mens oud laaaank voor jou tyd!
    Thanx Ruggaworld and thanx Gilbert!!!

20. avatar The Brand says:
    November 20th, 2011 at 8:45 am

Well done – RW – the Players – the Winners !!!

I enjoyed reading the banter comments at Rat-Race threads FIRST before going to other current articles ;-)

Definitely put a smile on me face !!!

21. avatar garyj1-Bulls says:
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Thanks for the piele comp, and thanks for all the effort you all put into this site. Cheers :applause:

22. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    November 22nd, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Morne

Did you see get the photo ?

Cheers

November 22nd, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 4:57 pm:

I did dude, posted it on another thread – will post it here or in a new thread once I get all the photos!

Mail me about the book, need to know if it must go to the same address.

November 28th, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Dont you guys want your bloody prizes?

Paul I will chat to you, we can meet up.

Gary, you too are sorted.

The others, mail me your addresses I can send the stuff off too!

November 28th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Reply to Morné @ 6:57 pm:

You have mine ;-) let me know the shipping costs and I’ll get that to you.

November 28th, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Reply to JT_BOKBEFOK! @ 9:02 pm:

Dude I have so many addresses lately, just email me again please – just now I send your camera to Methos!

November 29th, 2011 at 2:00 am

Reply to Morné @ 9:19 pm:

JT’s postal address is 44 Langridge St, Fairfield, Vic, Australia…

November 29th, 2011 at 9:04 am

Reply to bryce_in_oz @ 2:00 am:

Haha.

November 29th, 2011 at 10:20 am

Speaking about RugRat Winners… he may be crap at RatRace… but…

November 29th, 2011 at 10:34 am

Reply to bryce_in_oz @ 10:20 am:

:respek: :wave:

31. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Morne

You want me to send you mine? Or you still have it?

Let me know about the cost also so that I can send it to you.

Cheers

November 29th, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Reply to Morné @ 10:34 am:

Dawie looks nice and pretty with all his make-up on in the second ‘shoot’… :wink:

November 29th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 2:28 pm:

Just send it to me again mate to be safe – will get it off to you this weekend.

November 29th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Reply to bryce_in_oz @ 2:58 pm:

Ja he has gone a bit Justin Bieber on us hasn’t he?

November 29th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Reply to bryce_in_oz @ 2:58 pm:

I wonder who did his hair job?
    :mrgreen:

36. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 10:31 am

My question is: Why is he wearing a rugby shirt in the before photo that resembles the first Stormers Jersey…?

Also have to agree – he does look very purtttttyyyy in the second shot… :respek:

Cheers