Frans considers SA return

December 7, 2011

Springbok centre Frans Steyn could return to play his rugby in South Africa after his contract with French club Racing Metro expires at the end of June next year.

Sport24

Steyn’s agent, Gerrie Swart, confirmed to the Volksblad newspaper that Steyn is considering a return to South Africa.

“We’re currently looking at options and there are possible shifts back to South Africa,” said Swart, who is currently in France discussing future plans with the Bok centre.

Swart did not reveal what unions in South Africa are after Steyn’s services.

Steyn, who has been out of action since injuring his shoulder in South Africa’s World Cup group-stage win over Samoa, could return to the playing field as early as January.

“They (Racing Metro) are busy rehabilitating him. He has already regained full use of his shoulder and doesn’t feel any pain. So things are at this stage developing better that what we initially expected,” said Swart.

Tags:

December 7th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Losing him was a huge blow to our chances in RWC.

2. avatar Duiwel says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Come to the Sh :mrgreen: rks!

December 7th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Fransie… the Shark’s fans have never been fickle with the appreciation for your talents… we’ll swop Plumtree for you…

December 7th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Reply to Duiwel @ 1:07 pm: Sharks was main part of his reason for leaving in the first place, he stated that he did nopt enjoy it anymore

5. avatar Duiwel says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Ja-ja,fransie will probaly like that
    finger in the bum stuff weepee boys
    a lot more.

On the offdays he can wear his parispink truitjie
    for his gawe gatgabbas affie kaap.

6. avatar Duiwel says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Think he idn’t enjoy the media pressure
    after the WC

December 7th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Reply to Duiwel @ 2:18 pm: I actually believe he will fit in with Bulls the best but don’t know if he will go their…..what is that saying show me the money!!!!!

December 7th, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Cheetahs are leading the race for his signature.

9. avatar Duiwel says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Bunny,
    Think you are right about
    fitting in well with the Bulls.
    And HM can only benifit his education.

Hope his head hasn’t grown too much.
    As i recall
    that was the start of his problems in SA.
    Believing his own hype
    as opposed to just keeping a LP
    and let his rugby do the talking.

10. avatar lionshare says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Who plays 12 for the cheetahs atm? The lions was on the cards earlier this year. It would be cool to see goosen and steyn next to each other… Wonder who would take the long range kick :)

December 7th, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Reply to lionshare @ 5:18 pm:

Andries Strauss

12. avatar lionshare says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 8:49 am

Thanks I forgot about him, maybe they will be looking to put him in at fullback, now that their super rugby fb(his name escapes me now) has gone to the sharks and I dont rate Daniller. Strauss had a good season before his injury.Great defensive inside.Would love to see steyn go to the lions, but I dont want to see hollenbach on the bench next season, I think his coming into his own now.

December 8th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Afrikaans is darem’n bef@kte taal. Die nuwe woord vir “hoerhuis” is Builders Warehouse. Jy kan saag, stoot, spyker, suig, dril, skuur, opklim, aangee en selfs draadtrek – als onder een dak.
    :beer:

14. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

What the hell is happening on this site ? Is everybody already drinking because it is December? It is so quiet you can hear a mouse fart…

In other French rugby news – a certain player – me – got his first red card of his life last Sunday.

Played off the bench in 2′nd half. Came on and were on field for about 5 minutes when a scrum turned ugly and a bagare general started. Ref stood to one side – let us finish the punching and then in his wisdom decided to yellow card a lock on each side…

Came back after serving my 10min and we eventually got our noses in front with 2 points. Thus no penalties must be given in our half because the had a kicker that puts them over from 50m out.

Defence was voracious while we pinned them back in their half. they had a ruck on their 10m line and ball came out to their 10. I was standing 2′nd from the ruck on our side and raced up to tackle him. He being much shorter than my 2m ducked into my tackle – I hit him in-front of the chest and then slid up to the neck area – logical really. He dropped like a ton of bricks and ref – who in my opinion was a backline player in his day – took exception to the fact – thus winning me my second yellow and first red.

Coaches and everybody said the tackle was fine – even the video replays shows it to be a very hard tackle but completely fair.

Now I have a 10 day holiday…

Next game for me is against a team with 2 awesome locks – one played Pro D2 last year and the other has over 50 games for Wales…Hold thumbs

Cheers

December 8th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 12:58 pm:

En hoe gaan dit met die vuilgat rugbyspeler :wink:
    se pienkvoetjie?

16. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Boertjie

Sy is spekvet en gesond. Sy slaap al lekker in die aande en sy smile al en maak nou baie cute geluide etc.

Sy like nie van alleen wees in die dag nie en sit ‘n hengse keel op as mens haar te lank los.

Het lekker gewig opgetel en lyk nou minder na ‘n shrimp ;)

Cheers

December 8th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Reply to Methos The French Stormer @ 1:24 pm:

Jy’s in vir baie sports as sy begin kruip,
    loop en woorde sê.
    My kleindogter is nou 2½ en ek herleef alles
    wat ek van my eie kinders vergeet het.

18. avatar Duiwel says: