This is about having fun, giving each other shit and see who can walk away with a cool prize at the end of it! Almost like that monthly Poker evening which has nothing to do with who wins but the amount of beer and chips that gets consumed!
Now I cannot guarantee there will be a prize every single week (unless you folks sponsor a set of aromatic candles, a bottle of whiskey, a signed poster by Luke Watson!) but this is about having some fun!
I call it the ‘Almost Impossible Rugby Quiz’ because it will have 10 questions which will have at most six fairly easy rugby related questions with the rest being ‘almost impossible’ to GOOGLE!
Yes you geniuses, some of those questions will be UN-google-able as I will test them on the wicked search engine ensuring it gives you the WRONG answer!
The day is Thursday, the time is 20:00, the prize is a case of wine from Perdeberg Winery!
Here is how it will work:
- At 20:00 CAT I will post 10 rugby-related questions. Some will be of historical significance, some will be current, and some will be general knowledge.
- Each question will be worth 1 to 5 points based on the question and answer. In other words, by getting part of a question right you might still get a point or two (as I doubt some will get the whole question right).
- At 21:00 I will call time on the quiz, after which I will tally the results.
- The person that scores the highest, wins! Simple as that. If there is a tie, the person who answered first with the most correct answers, will win.
- Your answers will only be considered if given in a single post, meaning I am not going to scroll through 100 posts to find where you answered question 1 and then question 7, 9 posts later. Your LAST post in the official format will be considered – so don’t come back to me later and say but my post 20 minutes back was more right so take that one!
- The format of answer in a single post is simple:
1. Luke Watson
2. Kamp Staaldraad
- If a question has more than one answer, just separate it with a comma.
Okay that should be simple enough but I will obviously be online on Thursday to guide you through this too.
And as warned before, I will specifically add ‘Google’ questions knowing you will be pointed in the wrong direction! So have your ‘Oupa’ on stand-by for some of these questions!
And folks, it is about fun, so get as many guys to log on and play so if you don’t win the case of wine, you can at least be the main brain in your house, of your family or circle of friends!
See you then!