It is Thursday and that only means one thing! Rugby Trivia evening here on RuggaWorld!
Last week we introduced you to our new sponsors Voltbet who were awesome enough to put some vouchers up for grabs for the winner(s) of this Trivia!
We got some feedback with regards to our trivia and we listened!
We will concede some of those questions might have been really difficult so tonight we try something new, a quick-fire Trivia where all the questions are recent, and in our opinion, relatively easy! Well almost all of them…
With this in mind we are sure the strategies are bound to change… Remember we pick the first person to post all 10 correct answers (in a single post) in the 1-hour window between 20:00 and 21:00, and given these questions are easy we are expecting a flurry of posts in the first 10 to 20 minutes rather than folks waiting to the last 20 minutes to post!
So to recap the rules:
- Anyone can take part
- You have to answer all 10 questions in a single post
- Your LAST post will be regarded as your FINAL answer
- If we get a situation where two or more posters answer in the same minute, we will first track back on previous posts and if we still cannot identify a winner, we will look for the most accurate answers and when they were posted first
Again folks, this is about having fun, and not like I think it will be needed tonight you can ask for clues! Our decisions are final and if required we will quote sources at the end of the evening!
Get that bottle of something special ready, and see you at 20:00 SHARP!
Here we go, your questions!
1) Name the three players over which there was some controversy being called OUT of Super Rugby duty to represent the U/20 Springbok side in the Junior RWC?
Answer: Steven Kitshoff, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Paul Jordaan
2) What special cause will the Bulls support this weekend when they host the Stormers?
Answer: Cancer awareness
3) Who will be refereeing the Bulls v Stormers match?
Answer: Jonathan Kaplan
4) On what date are the Kings Kiwi coaches expected to leave from NZ to PE?
Answer: 10 July
5) The Lions will also be supporting a worthy cause in their derby match against the Sharks, name this cause or drive?
Answer: Blanket drive/donate a blanket to less fortunate
6) How many red cards have been issued in Super Rugby 2012?
Answer: One – Francois Hougaard
7) According to Repucom statistics, white, Afrikaans males in which age group (18-25; 25-36; 36-50; over 50) makes up the majority of the television audience for Super Rugby?
Answer: Over 50
8) What are the Boks’ odds to win the rugby championship (you should know where to go look for this!)
9) Complete this quote by Nick Mallet on Andries Bekker “He wins line out’s because _______________”
Answer: he’s tall
10) For the last question, and yes I could not make all them that bloody easy so for the question (which I am sure will determine the winner); ‘Name the only Springbok team that toured unbeaten (playing 13 matches) AND their captain for that tour?’
Answer: 1971 tour to Australia, Hannes Marais.
Well done Henlo! Our main brain!