England 38 v All Blacks 21 (no you read it right)

December 1, 2012

The All Blacks will look to end their season unbeaten as they face a motivated England side in Twickenham.

Recent results:
2010: New Zealand won 26-16, London
2009: New Zealand won 19-6, London
2008:  New Zealand won 32-6, London
2008: New Zealand won 44-12, Christchurch
2008: New Zealand won 37-20, Auckland
2006: New Zealand won 41-20, London
2005: New Zealand won 23-19, London
2004: New Zealand won 36-12, Auckland
2004: New Zealand won 36-3, Dunedin
2003: England won 15-13, Wellington

The teams

England: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Manusamoa Tuilagi, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 Mike Brown, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Ben Morgan, 7 Chris Robshaw (captain), 6 Tom Wood, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Alex Corbisiero.
Replacements: 16 David Paice, 17 David Wilson, 18 Mako Vunipola, 19 Courtney Lawes, 20 James Haskell, 21 Danny Care, 22 Freddie Burns, 23 Jonathan Joseph.

New Zealand: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma’a Nonu, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (captain), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brodie Retallick, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock.
Replacements: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Victor Vito, 21 Piri Weepu, 22 Aaron Cruden, 23 Ben Smith.

Date: Saturday, 1 December 2012
Venue: Twickenham, London
Kick-off: 14.30 (14.30 GMT; 03.30, Sunday, December 2 NZ time)
Expected weather: Partly cloudy with a high of 7°C, dropping to -1°C.
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Lourens van der Merwe (South Africa)
TMO: Giulio De Santis (Italy)

December 1st, 2012 at 5:39 pm

12-0 England at HT

That awful moment when HM detractors are suddenly faced with having to explain why their wet dream side with its pampered managed players lost to a side the kakly coached poorly player managed Boks beat.

2. avatar Asteroth's Limping Lions says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 6:08 pm

ABs getting stomped on. Lovely to see :wave:

December 1st, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Heyeke’s Boks managed to beat a side that just bitch slapped the shit out of the world’s finest coached best managed most bestest side in the world ever to grace rugby that (as Brenden reminded me on twitter) scores tries… not points… tries…

So the side tat scored the tries got beaten by the side that scored the points…

A side the Boks beat last week.

Boks only side unbeaten in NH tour…

LOTS OF STFU for Heyneke and Bok detractors to swallow tonight…

December 1st, 2012 at 6:23 pm

So the excuses are the All Blacks got beaten by an up and coming England side that will soon beat us… not wow this puts some perspective on the Boks’ win from last week… and earlier in the year too!

December 1st, 2012 at 6:25 pm

In 1999 when Lions toured Australia, I had some Kiwi friends of my brother’s at our house all full of fire supporting the B&IL against Australia. Shows you all you needs to know about the Kiwis.

I reiterate something I said many years ago on RW.

I WILL SUPPORT THE BOKKE AND ANYONE AGAINST NEW ZEALAND.

Punt klaar.

December 1st, 2012 at 6:28 pm

So does this put some perspective on the Bokke win of last week?

7. avatar Vetgesmeerde Blits says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Engeland jou lekker ding!

December 1st, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Where’s Duiwel?

9. avatar Craven says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 7:43 pm

For the second time this year I watched a game where a team with a lot of inexperienced young players have beaten a team fancied to them them.

Makes one wonder about the constant bleating about experience uber alles, does it not?

10. avatar Vetgesmeerde Blits says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Reply to DavidS @ 6:16 pm:In that case you got one of the biggest so called STFU’s around.

It is a bit hypocritical for you to try claiming the moral high ground now. After the rugby championship you were going on about how kak this generation of players are and how we are entering a dark period in Bok rugby. You slated and wrote off young players like Goosen and just a few weeks you had your mouth full about how terrible Lambie is.

3 wins out of 3 tells a different story. The Bok players are not that bad and Heyneke had an acceptable first year as Bok coach.

So grab yourself a nice big slice of your STFU pie.

11. avatar Vetgesmeerde Blits says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I don’t believe in compairing games like this.

Australia beat this England
    Team 3 weeks ago after
    They got hammered by the
    French.
    Tonga put a bigger score past Scotland than the Boks, so this is a really inaccurate way to look for perspective.

But I must say it is great to see the All Blacks get smashed for a change. Seeing the nervous grin on Kieran Read’s face while standing behind his own posts was priceless.

December 1st, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I must say, I do rather enjoy the fact that the Boks beat the poms, but the AB’s lost to them. Puts the bok win into perspective. Also the scots scored three tries against the ABls, none against us.

Allthough I agre with you vetgesmeerde blits, that every week is a new game, and that every game is different and you cannot compare wins and losses between different teams, it does go a long way in proving that maybe, just maybe, the teams that the Boks dealt with and beat, are not as bad as they are made out to be.

Again, Heynecke gets things done at his own pace and in his own way. Leave him be, the Boks will be better off thanks to him, even after he leaves them.

December 1st, 2012 at 8:27 pm

What I love even more, is that at the end of day two, the proteas lead by nearly 300 runs in perth. A massive second innings lead, and with 8 wickets in hand, I sure hope we pull this one off. I have thoroughly enjoyed this test series and it proves that test cricket will allways be more interesting and riveting than pajama cricket. This series was filled with drama, and on a lively pitch, I am sure there will be more to come. I know where I will be half past four tomorrow morning, and I know I would never get up that early for a pro 20 game, and chances are very slim for a 50 over clash.

14. avatar biltongbek says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I think it is of no use to compare the result of England vs SA to England vs All Blacks.

Different day, diffirent opposition, different conditions.

Good on England for beating the All Blacks, it takes away some of their confidence and aura of invincibility.

We still have some work to do. :boks:

15. avatar Vetgesmeerde Blits says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Reply to Aldo @ 8:23 pm: I agree that the UK teams is not as bad as people say. The Boks did well to win 3 out of 3m

For me the succes of a Bok season outside of a WC or BL year is always measured on how they performed in the Tri Nations/Rugby Championship. The 1998,2004 and 2009 seasons stands out as great Bok seasons stands out because of the Tri Nations victory’s.
    Having the best 3 sides in the world playing multiple test against eachother will always be the best way to measure the Boks progress and quality.

Winning the Rugby Championship is great, finishing 2nd is acceptable but finishing 3rd like we did this year is just not good enough for a country with the amount of players and talent as South Africa. For this reason 2012 was not a succesfull in my eyes.

We can play with winning percentages and statistics all we like, the truth is that the Boks struggled when it really mattered.

Having said that I believe Heyneke took over the team at a diffucult time with a lot of new faces and he didn’t always have enough time to prepare. He did ok in his first season, and not nearly as bad as his detractors proclaim. But also didn’t do nearly as well as some of the so called Heyneke groupies on here wants us believe.

For me the jury is still out on Heyneke as Bok couch, but he definately have the ability to be a very good Bok couch.

16. avatar mawm-the-ever-hopeful-shark says:
    December 1st, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Reply to DavidS @ 6:16 pm:

But it would be rather nice to see the Boks put together a backline move that results in a try every now and again. :whistling:

Reply to Aldo @ 8:27 pm:

I have to laugh: the Aussies prepared two flat wickets to take the sting out of the cricketboks bowling and ended up with two matches without a result………. and then go and prepare a good test wicket……………. :weed: (f**k I hope that we don’t cock it up now).

Smith and Amla made the Aussies look like a poor provincial side. :mrgreen:

December 1st, 2012 at 10:06 pm

HM had exactly five days to prepare
    his team for the first test the Boks
    played under him.\

If you want to blame anyone, blame
    SARU for the way they administer the game.

December 2nd, 2012 at 1:02 am

Portugal beat SA in 7′s too.
    Strike up the band.
    Jake-less England are now a force to be reckoned with?
    Don’t think so but then I did not see the game.
    Its very American to not let the facts get in the way of having an opinion :D

December 2nd, 2012 at 6:21 am

Reply to mawm-the-ever-hopeful-shark @ 10:04 pm: at 311/3 amla is still making them look below par. This wicket is a lively one and I agree that the only way they could draw the first two were those pitches, now their frontline bowlers are too tired to bowl and we are, hope I don’t spoil this now, demolishing them. We have to bat out today however, and give them a score of 500 plus to chase in the 2 remaining days, otherwise there is just too much time left. Allthough I cannot see them lasting 2 days against a fired up phalaborwa express.

December 2nd, 2012 at 6:23 am

Reply to Americano @ 1:02 am:

lmao, you have become one of my favourite bloggers on here with your sense of humour. Keep at it, even though your love child will probably not become a bok soon.

December 2nd, 2012 at 11:35 am

Reply to Americano @ 1:02 am:

Poms defended like Boks – driving
    the ball carrier back. Then started
    making a few missed tackles.

AB’s well and truly beaten – Poms came
    to their own rescue after two quick AB
    tries after half time.

Yet the ABs still showed their capacity
    to play the ball wide, often having an
    extra supporter on the wing.
    And they did their offloads quite well.

December 2nd, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Reply to Boertjie @ 11:35 am:

yet they still lost. Then me thinks a solid defense is the first thing a coach should work on. Mmm, reminds me of a coach I know of.

December 2nd, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Reply to Aldo @ 5:55 pm:

Aldo – I think this reaching out to Boertje the way you did ( implying Allister Coetzee and Stormers defensive prowess ) may a koombaya moment, perhaps marking a change in all this provincialism stuff that’s always bantyed about.
    Surely the Christmas spirit at work.

24. avatar Kwevoels says:
    December 27th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I wil :bowdown: to England
    I wil say leker England and
    I wil suport them to the end of time