Regular contributor, Brendon Shields, gives us his wishlist for RuggaWorld 2013!
Ok so while boertjie is putting up his Christmas tree that he bought on a special 25 years ago as a combo deal together with a room divider at Morkels (you two year guarantee store- by the way did sex not sell in the 80’s ? Why have a 40 year old tannie sell furniture?) I want to deflect from the pest that is Christmas and rather look to 2013 through my Freestate Chrystal ball (a brandy with so little coke you can read the paper through it.)
Yet looking at how the Mayans fared in 2012 I’d rather not make predictions. So I leave you with a wish-list instead. Here goes my wish list for 2013 on Ruggaworld:
1) Methos to end a post without saying ‘cheers’. Dude I hate goodbyes and every one of your posts has me standing on a platform waving off my loved ones. Stop it.
2) Americano to win the American lotto on the same day that one Willie Le Roux gets selected for the Boks – so he can fly us all to Aspen to drink gluwein and cheer on his favourite son.
3) DavidS to offer me some tickets to a few of those really cool games lined up by GLRU. Yes I will steal his slush puppy and ridicule him in front of his wife but maybe he will be kind and still hand over a coupla?
4) JC’s Austrian warriors to simply motherfucking conquer all.
5) Vetgesmeerde Blits and Biltongbek to find nicknames that does not sound like they are the countrywide support crew for Kurt Darren
6) Bryce-in-Oz to finally end his support for the sharks in favour of the Stormers (funny how life in Oz makes one just that little more gay)
7) Talk about gay, that Deon one to start contributing more often to this site and share loads more about the Oz way of coaching youngsters.
8) Kevin (rack- attack) to like my sophomore album
9) Morne to contribute tonnes more to Rapport and finally getting his break in Sunday Times, despite the fact that he knows fuckall about rugby.
10) Guys like OO, Murph and Ill Postino to join us much more often
And finally, may the Cheetahs not only entertain, but be successful and in the process save this game. May Cheeky discover a drink called loneliness that’s better than drinking alone and for heavens sake, may Jean De Villiers learn to pass a fucking rugby ball.
I greet you with lots of rugby love and the season’s greetings,
The year of the Cheetah.