DHL has a long history of delivering rugby around the world, providing logistics expertise for the Rugby World Cup 2011 and the recent British & Irish Lions Tour, to name just two.
Now they are bringing you a competition to win a Springbok Rugby jersey signed by a line-up of SA rugby legends.
To win this magnificent prize we decided that our questions should be history (legend) related, and since you win a signed jersey, a lot of emphasis was placed on the history of the South African rugby jersey (not always Springbok).
It is not easy, but for such a magnificent, once in a lifetime prize, you can afford to go do some research!
To stand a change to win the signed Springbok jersey from DHL answer the following questions:
- The first test ever played in South Africa was in Port Elizabeth on Thursday 30 July 1891 against a combined British team. At which ground was it played and in which jersey did the South Africans play in?
- The second test in the same series was played in Kimberley. Name the field it was played on.
- During this second test in Kimberley, they mainly played in dark blue jerseys with a diamond patch, but a certain Mr. Heatlie wore his ______ (?) jersey.
- The third and last test of this series was played at Newlands and captained by Alf Richards. In which jersey did they play this test in?
- And finally, H.H Carstens is the only man to have captained his team and referee a match in the same test series, name the series (against who) he did this.
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @Ruggaworld
Remember to use the #DHLDelivers when you enter via Twitter.
Winners will be notified by 12:00 on Friday 25 October.