New Look Bok jerseys

April 1, 2014

In keeping with its transformation policy SARU has decided to also change the Bok jersey. What do you think?ABSA and SARU have issued a joint statement saing that from this season on the Springboks will have a home and away strip. The away strip will retain the original green and yellow whilst the home strip will change to a red and gold strip.

In a move sure to shock traditionalists Jurie Roux said:

“Looking at football we realised that in order to better position tthe Springbok for marketing opportunities locally we need to make use of all the chances available. Playing in Red and Gold aligns us perfectly with our primary sponsor ABSA Bank. It also opens chances for us to similarly rebrand the Springboks for away games. We hope our sponsors will realise the unique chances opened up to them. New jersey sponsor Asics is fully attuned with our needs to transform the sport of rugby and this move definitely helps us going forward to be at the cutting edge of professionalism yet again.”

ABSA Marketing Exec Salie Leeghee says that ABSA is as always proud to be associated with the Springbok brand and hopes this new updated look will help launch professional rugby into the 21st century of marketing.

The new jersey will debut in The Rugby Championship 2014.

10157385_725897180789108_1486947889_n

April 1st, 2014 at 9:10 am

Another April fool joke I hope!

2. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    April 1st, 2014 at 9:29 am

JT – I thought so as well – but I followed up on it and it is in fact true – Apparently Wales will be playing in their black kit when we play them this year.

Are you guys passing on Sunday?

Cheers

April 1st, 2014 at 10:54 am

@Methos The French Stormer:

We plan to come by for a short visit but all depends on traffic etc. I’ll message you on FB to get your number.

April 1st, 2014 at 10:55 am

If this indeed is not an April fools joke, Im going to have to move my accounts. No way can I support a bank that changes my National team in such a disrespectfull manner. But I think it is an April fools joke, they probably just made double sure nobody catches them in the joke. Cant believe ABSA would be that stupid.

5. avatar Pokkel says:
    April 1st, 2014 at 12:14 pm

@Aldo: It’s been confirmed as an April Fools joke. It was never in doubt IMO.

6. avatar namboer says:
    April 1st, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Genaaaaadiglik is dit 1 April vandag. Methos, jy sal dat die man ‘n koronêr skiet!

7. avatar Methos The French Stormer says:
    April 2nd, 2014 at 8:56 am

So I caught one and a half ;)

Cheers

April 2nd, 2014 at 9:27 am

Haha my son is 6 now. Im not a big April fools day type guy, as I dont need a date to make a fool of myself, I manage that every day.

Yesterday morning on the radio he heard mention of it and I didnt think he would understand, us being Afrikaans and the radio presenter speaking English, but boy did he get it. So sister was standing there innocently, he tells her, Look there is a police man behind you. She looks around, he laughs himself into spasms and says ‘I april joked you!’. Found that massively cute.