DHL Stormers website (www.thestormers.com) reports that lock Eben Etzebeth will not feature in the 2014 Vodacom Super Rugby tournament, but five players will be back for the DHL Stormers this weekend.
The full DHL Stormers injury report (30/06/14):
– Forward Deon Fourie (concussion), hooker Tiaan Liebenberg (neck), scrumhalf Louis Schreuder (broken thumb), centre Juan de Jongh (pneumonia), wing Kobus van Wyk (wrist) and fullback Gio Aplon (elbow) are all back at full training and will be considered for selection against the Bulls.
– Lock Eben Etzebeth (broken toe) will not play in the 2014 Vodacom Super Rugby competition after suffering his new injury – a broken toe which will keep him out of action for another two/three weeks.
– Prop Brok Harris (AC Joint) has undergone surgery and will be out of action until late August.
– Hooker Scarra Ntubeni (broken foot) will be available for the first round of the 2014 Absa Currie Cup competition.
– Prop Oli Kebble (ankle – syndesmosis) is due back in late August/early September.
– Centres Damian de Allende and Jean de Villiers (both knee injuries) are still out for another four weeks.
– Prop Frans Malherbe (concussion) is making good progress after showing concussion symptoms for some time. He won’t feature in the 2014 Super Rugby competition again but should be good to go for the Absa Currie Cup competition.
– Prop Steven Kitshoff (knee and ankle injuries) will not play rugby again in 2014.