With the Jaguares lost against the Lions, we can expect that they will come out fighting on Friday evening when they play the Stormers at Newlands.
They rest a whole lot of players last week against the Lions but have picked a strong side for Friday.
Pablo Matera will return to the side of the scrum while the coach has also opted to include Bautista Delguy, Ramiro Moyano and Tomas Cubelli.
The side will be lead by Joaquín Tuculet at fullback.
The Stormers are also welcoming some crucial players in their starting lineup for this game.
Fans will be happy to see Springbok prop Steven Kitshoff back in the front row and he will be joined by Scarra Ntibeni and Frans Malherbe.
Promising youngster Juarno Augustus also get a chance at the number eight jumper this weekend.
The only change at the backs sees Dillyn Leyds at fullback for this weeks clash.
- The Jaguares picked up a 25-14 win in their last Super Rugby meeting with the Stormers, snapping a three-game losing streak against the South African club.
- The Stormers have won seven of their last nine Super Rugby games on home turf (L2), including their last two on the bounce.
- The Jaguares have lost their last four Super Rugby games on the bounce away from home, conceding 40+ points on three occasions in that span.
- The Stormers have missed just 15 tackles per game this season, fewer than any other team in Super Rugby 2019
- The Jaguares’ Tomas Lavanini is the most penalised player in Super Rugby 2019, having conceded eight penalties thus far, three of which have been for being caught offside, no other player has been caught out this way more often.
Prediction: Difficult one, but will give it to the home side by 6
Stormers: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Dan du Plessis, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 SP Marais, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Juarno Augustus, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Cobus Wiese, 20 Jaco Coetzee, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Ruhan Nel, 23 Damian Willemse
Jaguares: 15 Joaquin Tuculet (c), 14 Bautista Delguy, 13 Matías Moroni, 12 Bautista Ezcurra, 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Tomas Lezana, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomás Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Santiago Medrano, 2 Julian Montoya, 1 Mayco Vivas
Replacements: 16 Gaspar Baldunciel, 17 Santiago Garcia Botta, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Matías Alemanno, 20 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 21 Martín Landajo, 22 Juan Cruz Mallia, 23 Sebastian Cancelliere
|4||Cell C Sharks||5||2||2||1||124||84||40||2||14|