Home Craven Week SA Rugby U18 Craven Week – Free State see red as Province...

SA Rugby U18 Craven Week – Free State see red as Province 50 past them


The game everyone was waiting for was ruined really when Free State received a red card for Wessels who stamped on a Province players knee.

This was game over really for the Free State team who was already behind on the scoreboard.

It was a great start for Province when Alexander snipped passed desperate defence from the Free State for the first try and a 7-0 lead.

Province were looking good on attack and found plenty of space in the Free State defence early on as they hand most of the ball to play with.

Province kept Free State pinned down in their half but the defence was up to everything that they threw at them.

Free State then lost their prop with a red card for stamping on a players knee which was just plain ugly.

Province quickly took advantage of the one man advantage scoring their second try.

This gave them a great early lead of 17-0.

The Free State did get into the Province twenty two and only desperate tackles kept them out

Province kept playing in the right areas of the field and forced a penalty which they converted to extend the lead to 20-0.

The Free State had a great start to the second half and forced Province on defence which resulted in a yellow card for Province.

With ball in hand Free State made just too many mistakes close to the line. Province defence was still very strong and a factor on the handling errors the Free State made.

Province got back into the Free State twenty two and scored their first try of  the second half as the Free State ran out of defenders.

This gave them a massive 25-0 lead after 40 minutes.

Province then split the Free State defence, breaking out from their own twenty two to score on the other side.

Other one came seconds later when they broke out again from the kick-off with the Free State having no answers for Province runners.

Free State finally got their first try when they were also allowed to run out form their own twenty two and spread the ball wide.

Province was next to score When Leeuw bashed over the line. This took the scoreboard to 44-7 after 54 minutes.

The Free State hit back with their second try of the match.

Free State then received another red card for a dangerous neck-roll. So that was the end of Fourie game.

Province got another one with Alexander getting his second try, but TMO came in for dangerous play by Province. Decision was not enough arms used and try was turned over.

Discipline was really not good in this match.

Alexander did get his second try after a quick penalty take to snipe over yet again.

This ended the match with Province beating the Free State 51-14

Leave Your Comment Here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.