The second game this weekend in Super Rugby AU sees the Waratahs at home against the Brumbies.
With a good comeback win against the Rebels last week the Waratahs with their young team will fancy their chances against the Brumbies at home this weekend.
They also got a much needed Wallabies injection in their team for this clash.
Coach Rob Penney has included Tom Robertson, Karmichael Hunt and Jack Dempsey who return after injury to boost the starting XV.
Hunt will join Walton in the midfield this weekend with Newsome shifting to the wing in place of Nawagnaitawse.
For the Brumbies Tom Banks ate back in the starting XV. After getting over his foot injury, Banks wil make his first appearance in the Super Rugby AU
This is the only change in the Brumbies side that beat the Rebels in round 1.
This is normally one of the better games in the local derbies and if weather is good we should see some good rugby on Saterday.
Facts by OPTA
- The Brumbies have won seven of their last eight Super Rugby games against the NSW Waratahs, including their last four on the bounce; neither side has managed five consecutive wins in the history of this fixture.
- The NSW Waratahs have won six of their last eight Australian derbies on home turf in Super Rugby; however, both of their two defeats in that stretch have been against the Brumbies.
- The Brumbies have won their last four regular season away games in Super Rugby in succession; the last time they won more in succession was a seven-game stretch across the 2012 and 2013 campaigns.
- The NSW Waratahs have made a competition-high 7.5 offloads per game in Super Rugby AU, while the Brumbies made just a single offload from their sole performance in the competition thus far.
- Jack Maddocks (NSW Waratahs) has scored six tries in his five Super Rugby games against the Brumbies, including four tries in his last three.
Waratahs: 15 Jack Maddocks, 14 James Ramm, 13 Joey Walton, 12 Karmichael Hunt, 11 Alex Newsome, 10 Will Harrison, 9 Mitch Short, 8 Jack Dempsey, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Lachlan Swinton, 5 Rob Simmons (captain), 4 Ned Hanigan, 3 Harry Johnson-Holmes, 2 Tom Horton, 1 Tom Robertson.
Replacements: 16 Robbie Abel, 17 Tetera Faulkner, 18 Angus Bell, 19 Tom Staniforth, 20 Will Harris, 21 Michael McDonald, 22 Mark Nawaqanitawase, 23 Ben Donaldson.
Brumbies: 15 Tom Banks, 14 Andy Muirhead, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Irae Simone, 11 Tom Wright, 10 Noah Lolesio, 9 Joe Powell, 8 Pete Samu, 7 Tom Cusack, 6 Rob Valetini, 5 Murray Douglas, 4 Darcy Swain, 3 Allan Alaalatoa (captain), 2 Folau Fainga’a, 1 James Slipper.
Replacements: 16 Connal McInerney, 17 Scott Sio, 18 Tom Ross, 19 Lachlan McCaffrey, 20 Will Miller, 21 Issak Fines, 22 Bayley Kuenzle, 23 Mack Hansen.